Sunday, July 25, 2010

West Mesa High School Class Of 1974 - 36th Year Reunion Picnic

On Sunday afternoon, I went down to Tiguex Park in Old Town Albuquerque to catch part of the reunion picnic. It was a good time - dunk tank, jump castle, DJ, a bit of dancing, hamburgers and hot dogs.

Afterwards, I walked around Old Town and did a bit of shopping. I even drove out to the West Mesa Walmart to pick up a West Mesa Mustangs T-Shirt (hope I bought the right size).

It began raining. The summer monsoon - finally - has started! These rains featured virtually no lightning: cloud heights are probably too low to get that abundant riming and resultant charge separation.

I started my efforts to locate "Breaking Bad" filming locations by first focusing on the hardest sites of all. I drove out to Unser Blvd. in order to find the 'Green Light' location where the money hand-off occurred. I couldn't find the location, so I drove south on Unser into the South Valley, circled back through downtown (saw Tuco's HQ) went back out to Unser again on Central, went north, went all the way into Rio Rancho (perhaps passing through the location I wanted, but it was raining and after dark), circled back around, got lost on my way to my sister Marra's house (had to find it using Google Maps because too many familiar landmarks have changed in that neighborhood), and ended up the evening watching 'Sherlock Holmes' and 'Poirot' with my sister and her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment