Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Next Time, Don't Read Your Own Press

Bizarre lessons from the Gulf:
BP CEO Tony Hayward apologized Wednesday for saying recently that he wants his "life back."

Discussing the Gulf of Mexico oil spill over the weekend, the embattled oil executive said, "We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

Hayward came under fire for making the comment at a time when BP is trying without success to contain the oil that's gushing from the company's blown-out well.

“I made a hurtful and thoughtless comment on Sunday when I said that 'I wanted my life back,'" he said in a statement. "When I read that recently, I was appalled. I apologize, especially to the families of the 11 men who lost their lives in this tragic accident."

No comments:

Post a Comment