Friday, March 27, 2009

Trust The Technology

Because it guides you:
A shocked driver is today facing a careless driving charge after his sat-nav left his BMW teetering on the edge of a cliff.

Robert Jones said he trusted the gadget and continued to follow its instructions, even when it took him up a steep, narrow footpath.

He only realised something was wrong when his car hit a fence and came to a stop just inches from a 100ft drop.

The 43-year-old, who works as a delivery driver, described the incident as a 'nightmare'.

He said 'It kept insisting the path was a road, even as it was getting narrower and steeper, so I just trusted it.

'I rely on my sat-nav, I couldn't do without it for my job.

'I guess I'm lucky the car didn't slip all the way over the edge. You don't expect to be taken nearly over a cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment