Monday, December 01, 2008

Third Weekend Of "Man Of La Mancha"

Glad we got through it!

Typically this show is not hazardous in the way lots of shows are - the slow, cerebral, deliberate pace aids the actor's health. But because of cast changes among the muleteers, plus my injury last weekend, I've been really worried that further harm could fall on the cast.

Nevertheless, we got through it without too much trouble. We had trouble getting Matt from Fairfield up the stairway - at one point I lost my balance - but Brennan helped save me.

Focus is a tiny bit of a problem. Instead of studying our lines in the men's dressing room, like we should always be prepared to do (even though it's already the third weekend of the show), we are studying a joke almanac instead, and we sometimes seem to be hunting for punch lines.

Here's hoping the last weekend goes OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment